last spring break...ever!
it's official. the final key step to my transistion into the "rat race / working for the man" part of my adulthood, aka reality, is now complete.
spring break - the all-important cure for the winter blues that every student needs will no longer be part of my life. the term "spring break" has been replaced with "two weeks vacation."
this june, i'll no longer be paying $30k/year to sit in a classroom, i'll be paying $30k/year to work my ass off in an actual hospital. hooray!
mooching off my parent's timeshare access landed me in sunny cabo san lucas, mexico. these days i'm short on time (i'll explain, keep reading), so i'll sum up the trip with some random phrases.
- getting snowed in in minneapolis, missing our connecting flight to cabo. spent five hours passing out on benches in the mall of america, when i could have been at my classmates destination wedding / reception (open bar on the beach). of course.
- off-peak break = no young people = empty bars = boring, right? wrong. somehow, we made our own fun.
- drunken people my parents' age falling off plastic chairs and face-planting in the sand.
- creepy, old guys who bought me steak and lobster and margaritas since i was rolling at least 3 girls deep, just to have access to my friends. what can i say, i'm a lucky man.
- playa del amor - appropriately named pristine beach for my "romantic getaways" with my lady.
- fish tacos. the food (dirty mind).
- in reference to my tall, brunnette friend: "senorita, you must be the reason for global warming!"
- leaving out large metal pots on the nightstand, just in case any nocturnal puking happened.
i've never studied so intensely or methodically before. and it's only been a week.
sure it's painful. in the end though, if i'm supposed to actually take care of real-life patients, i might as well be competent, right? come on, wouldn't you like to have a doctor that knows his shit, but also likes to take an occasional "nap" at bars after a few too many tequila shots? ...on second thought, don't answer that.